Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Coming soon: Cheap Summer Smut!

Shamelessly, I love sexy books. I love them. BUT, like so many folks, I'm short on time. ...Which is maybe why I only write these cheap little novelettes.

The good news is my first book (Spousal Privilege!) in this new Furious Love series will be released soon, and after collaborating with another cover designer, I'm leaning toward cover #2.

What do you think?! I'm a little in love... It's less racy than the first, but I think it gets the point across that this isn't Grandma Edna's read.


And, not so shamelessly, here's another preview:

She woke up startled and shaky. She didn’t want to remember that night anymore. She didn’t even want to remember her sister. Or their father. Or anything happy that ever meant anything to her. It was too much.
            But that didn’t matter anyway. Because the fear she had awoken with turned to emptiness. Shallow, hollow, and without life.
            She looked around. She had fallen asleep by the pool. Because Jacob was angry with her and had shut himself away in Bobby’s room.
            Slowly, she stood up. The moon was full. The sky was starlit. It should have felt peaceful. Instead, she just felt tired and alone. She stepped through the sliding doors into the kitchen. The house was quiet. She wondered if Jacob had left her. Only upstairs, she could hear movement.
            Jacob was in the first bedroom—the white and orange one. It was the guest bedroom, void of any pictures of her family. He glanced at her, then carried on with whatever he was doing.
            “Hit me.”
            He stopped and looked at her. “What?”
            She stepped towards him—until she was literally in his face. “Hit me.” She said forcefully. His eyes were searching her face. She figured he was still furious. Hell, he had every right to be furious. “Please, Jacob. Hit me.”
            He cocked his eyebrow at her, then shook his head.
            So she dug her hands into his arms. “I want to feel something real.”
            Something surged through him. She saw it. Suddenly he grabbed her face and kissed her. Not a hesitant, cautious kiss, but a scorching, needy one.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you on Twitter? Want more smut updates? Follow me! @SaltySpinster

No comments:

Post a Comment